Top Ten Reasons You Should Have Professional Photos…
- Now days home selling starts on the Internet
Home buyers first find homes they want to come look at on the web. They have hundreds of choices that match their criteria and tend to eliminate the hundreds of possibilities from the single exterior property photo. Looking good on the Internet is crucial to effective marketing!
- Survey rated photos as the single most useful element in their search for a home
According to a 2008 NAR survey, 87% of home buyers use the internet to research their next home purchase. Of the buyers who used the internet, those surveyed rated photos as the single most useful element in their search for a home.
- Very few real estate agents have the equipment or skills required
It takes more than an inexpensive point-and-shoot camera to create effective property photos. It takes a practiced eye for composition, an ultra-wide angle lens, photo-editing software and the skills to use it. Home buyers are visually sophisticated and notice professional photos.
- Cost of professional photography is small compared to pay back
The cost of professional photography is small compared to the pay back in the overall scheme of marketing a property.
- Professional photography used in marketing sells faster and for significantly more money
It’s always been obvious that real estate photography is central to marketing homes but within the last year two independent studies have confirmed that properties that have professional photography used in their marketing sell faster and for significantly more money.
- Listings sold for closer to their asking price when a professional photographer was used
A recent study by Redfin estimated that only 15 percent of listings are marketed with professional-quality photographs, and found that the homes featured in those listings sold for closer to their asking price than those shot with point-and-shoot cameras.
- Good photography draws attention to properties in a crowded market
In a depressed housing market where home prices have fallen and the number properties on the market is high and market times are high the use of professional photography is even more important because good photography draws attention to properties in a crowded market.
- Shows your home in the best possible light
Professional photos show a room in a way that most Realtors can’t capture, regardless of whether the home is a starter home or a mansion.
- The photograph is almost always the first element in any ad that connects with the buyer
It is the handshake, the first impression, the thing that cuts through the visual clutter to capture the buyer’s attention. Everything in the marketing campaign to sell your home relies on the quantity and quality of the photographs of your home.
- Do you really need one more reason - Choose an agent which uses a professional photographer
Before home sellers sign a listing agreement with an agent they should pay close attention to which agent does the best job of marketing and specifically which agents use great photography.
* Photographyforrealestate.net and groovydoodle.net