Community Links; Let me introduce you to Frederick, Maryland...
Covering the spectrum from peaceful, rolling hills to thriving cities, Frederick County has something for everyone.
Frederick, as Maryland’s second largest city, has a bright future with its expanding economy and stable quality of life. This area is home to some of the largest and most successful companies in the country, offering employment to a highly diverse and educated population.
Planes, trains, automobiles, and buses, Frederick County residents have their choice of transportation modes. A veritable transportation hub, Frederick is the crossroads of several major commuter routes: I-70, I-270, US 15 and US 340. The county’s unique position makes it a gateway for points north, south, east, and west. That access attracts new businesses and residents every day.
When the workday closes, Frederick remains a vibrant place. For those looking for historical pursuits, this area is filled with treasures from before the Revolutionary War, through the Civil War, to the present age. If you want a more social setting, there’s things to do throughout the year, from wintertime craft shows like Cabin Fever, to springtime baseball with Frederick’s minor league team, the Keys (single A affiliate for the Baltimore Orioles), to summertime fireworks in Baker Park, to the GREAT Frederick Fair in autumn, to the Kris Kringle procession that marks the festivities of the holidays.
To learn even more about Frederick County visit the following websites:
- www.co.frederick.md.us - All sorts of interesting information in and about Frederick County
- www.visitfrederick.org - The Tourism Council of Frederick County
- www.cityoffrederick.com - The city of Frederick's web page
- www.frederickchamber.org Frederick City Chamber of Commerce
- www.fredericknewspost.com Frederick's leading newspaper
- www.fredmag.com Frederick events, dining, and information
- www.catoctinwildlifepreserve.com - Catoctin Wildlife Preserve & Zoo
- www.fcpl.org- Frederick County's library system
- www.frederickhistory.org - The Historical Society of Frederick County
- www.thegreatfrederickfair.com - The fabulous Frederick Agricultural Fair